Saturday, January 21, 2012

Weekly Training

Monday 16 Jan:
2 Miles in 24.01 Average HR 142. Definitely ran slower than normal 9-10 min pace but felt less out of breath.

Tuesday 17 Jan:
DNR- Had mild case of food poisoning. Severe abdominal cramps. Goal was 4 today.

Wednesday 18 Jan:
4 miles in 51.49 Average HR 148. Had to slow down several times and walk once to get HR back below 148 which is my MAH

Thursday 19 Jan:
4 miles in 53.07 Average HR 148. Forced myself out the door late evening. Mainly just a long day kicking in. Not tired and felt good on run.

Friday 20 Jan:
2 miles in 24:13 Average HR 145. Nice easy run before long run

Saturday 21 Jan:
6 miles in 78 mins. Not a bad run. Seems like I am taking forever to complete these runs, but I guess as my aerobic level of fitness improves I will be running these faster at the same HR.

Summary: Not a bad week. Very busy at work so no Core/Strength at all this week. At least I got all but one run in so I am 2 miles short. Will start back up with foam rolling also next week.
Planned weekly Mileage: 20
Total Weekly Mileage: 18
Total Mileage on Maffetone protocol: 18

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job Cory, I will email you later.

One quick question, are you still thinking you are going to get in 20 miles of pacing at the RR? If you are not so sure, I may change your next two weeks into less of a taper.

Birdman said...

I am going to head up there but my brother for sure should not be running. And if he does, he probably wont make it to the point that he needs a pacer. His friend however probably would leave me behind even on the last 20 mile lap of the 100. I am not anticipating that I will be needed